Taxes and Fees

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

This page includes links to common and useful tax topics to help Town of Vienna residents and businesses understand everything from real estate and meals taxes to vehicle and pet fees. Use the links below to connect with more detailed information.

Water and sewer fees

The Town of Vienna provides water and sewer services, providing safe drinking water in compliance with all government regulations as well as outstanding customer care. The Town of Vienna's water system serves approximately 16,000 residents inside the Vienna corporate boundary and 3,500 customers outside of the corporate boundary. The water distribution system consists of 134 miles of water mains including fire hydrant lines, 898 hydrants, 9,300 water service connections, three pump stations, two elevated storage tanks, and one ground storage tank. Water and Sewer Customer Service

Real estate taxes

For calendar year 2022, the Town of Vienna real estate tax rate is 20.5 cents per $100 of a property's assessed value. This tax is due semi-annually on July 28 and December 5. For details on calculating taxes, how to pay taxes, late penalties, and more, visit the Town’s Real Estate Taxes page.

Dog licensing

Dogs over the age of four months must be vaccinated against rabies and licensed annually with the Town of Vienna. For details on how to obtain a dog license, visit the Town’s Dog Licensing page.

Vehicle license fee

Fairfax County collects vehicle license/registration fees on behalf of the Town of Vienna. The Town does not send separate bills to residents. For details on vehicle tax rates and how to pay, visit the Town’s Vehicle License Fee page.

Business licenses

Businesses in the Town of Vienna must renew their business license each year. Each business must pay taxes and fees based on its classification and gross receipts. For more details, visit the Business Licenses page.

Meals and lodging tax

Town businesses are required to collect taxes for food service or lodging. These tax collections must be paid to the Town on a monthly basis. For details on requirements, registration, and forms, visit the Town’s Meals Tax page.